03 July, 2006

Hello This is Me!


Im Danni aka Cheeky.

I have been off work for 7 months and im going insane. So I decided to start a blog about my ever exciting life after seeing and reading my friends one
(YATI).

Ok why don't we start with why I have been off work for 7 months shall we...........

Just over 2 years ago I had an accident at work and broke my right wrist. Alright I thought 6 weeks off work in plaster.. Not the end of the world ill get over it. Well it wasn't that easy... I had to spend 1 week of that in Spain and also had to find clothes to go with a bright orange plaster which wasn't easy.
Went back to the hospital and had it cut off then first priority was washing it (it gets abit whiffy in there). Was x rayed again ... all ok so was sent home and back to work.

But as this is my life it wasn't that simple. I was still in a lot of pain along with swelling discolouration and lack of mobility. After being told by a consultant it was all in my head he sent me for an MRI scan. I was finally told that there was something wrong, I know have something called REFLEX SYMPATHETIC DYSTROPHY (RSD) . Yep I bet ya face looked the same reading that as when I was told HAHA.
I wont go into the gritty detail but basically I am in constant pain with swelling, lack of movement, discolouration and the list goes on. If you are at all interested about it then please have a look.....
RSD.
I have had two nerve blocks done to try and relieve the pain but without any luck. One of them actually made my hand worse....which is why I am off work again. So now the plan is keep doing Physio (torture clinic as I call it) and wait for acupuncture appointment.
But I have to Give lots of thanks to my partner Paul... He has been brilliant through all of it. Also to all the new people that I have met on RSDUK forum..... You are all very helpful and help to make a difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wooooo hoooo!! look at you blogging now :-p it ain't that bad is it? *wink*

hope you'll get better girl!

hugs!!